Media and Videos Related to W.I.T.T.C.S.
“Black Market Reads” Podcast on “What Is This Thing Called Soul” w/ host Lissa Jones!
Interview with KCCK Jazz 88.9 Radio on life, career and my views on jazz music
Jazz Master Herbie Hancock on the topic of emotional urgency in jazz.
“If it’s devoid of the heart, then it doesn’t mean anything.” –H. Hancock
Available for Talks, Lecture Recitals, Performances and Workshops!
I’m an active performer, lecturer, guest artist and presenter with engagements at universities, colleges and scholarly forums around the world to my credit. I’m capable of presenting on topics for a variety of ages and experience levels in the following areas of interest:
- Cultural Concerns in Jazz Pedagogy and Performance
- Appropriation of Black Music
- Jazz History
- Jazz and Civil Rights
- Jazz and American Culture
- The Development of Black Music Since 1900
- Jazz 101: Jazz Music for Beginners
- Jazz and Race Relations in the 20th Century
Print Resources for Adopters